Book Nook Nuts

Dragon Awakened

Dragon Awakened  - Jaime Rush Book: Dragon Awakened (The Hidden #1)
Author: Jaime Rush
Publication Date: 12/17/2013
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne - http://booknooknuts.blogspot.com/
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW
New to me author -
This book had a very slow start to it. We have Ruby whose parents were murdered and she is living with her uncle who is a dragon shifter. She never believed her uncle in regards to magic and dragons as she herself had nothing. Well that all changes when she witnesses her Uncle being killed in a horrible way. His last words to her were she was to find Cyntag. Well Ruby eventually comes into her powers and is able to shift. She also learns it was Cyntag who murdered her family but left her alive and found her a place to live.

Cyntag takes Ruby under his wing so to speak. His dragon has also recognized Ruby’s dragon as its mate. But this relationship is not quick in growing. Ruby is a firecracker that’s for sure.

The romance is slow to go also which is nice but when these 2 finally give in to their feelings the Passions is BLAZING HOT.

I found following along in the beginning was very hard to do and I think that’s one of the reasons I can’t give the book 5 stars. Once it gets going though you have a ton of action and Cyntag and Rubys fierceness in tracking down her uncle’s murderer as well as Cyntag helping her with her new found powers.

Review copy provided by: ARC Provided by GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING VIA NETGALLEY