Book Nook Nuts

Brilliant Disguise: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries)

Brilliant Disguise: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries) - Mary Anne Edwards Book: Brilliant Disguise: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries)
Author: Mary Anne Edwards
Publication Date: 1/20/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Marian is a widowed woman living alone and although she has a fulfilled life. Her best friend thinks she needs to move on after so many years of being alone.

Her neighbor who is a younger married woman with a little girl age 5 has been shot dead in her home and Marian just doesn’t think things are adding up. They are saying she died of self inflicted gunshot but Marian does not believe it.

The new detective in town Charlie McClung is on the case or not?
Charlie moved away from his home town of the big city to a smaller rural town thinking things would be easier but what has he gotten himself into?

One thing Charlie and Marian know is that their search for the truth has brought them closer together
and ignited feelings between them.

Will this last between them? Will they figure out who caused the death of Marians’ neighbor?
And can Charlie keep Marian safe?

New to me author and I will definitely read the next books in this series when they are out. The book kept me intrigued and the suspense is really good and the romance is very subtle. The story and characters flow very well. It’s like your playing along with the game clue.

I was gifted a copy of this book for my honest review and I also downloaded it via Kindle Unlimited
[a:Mary Anne Edwards|7791576|Mary Anne Edwards|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1409269612p2/7791576.jpg]

HOT-BLOODED BREATH OF DARKNESS